Sunday, July 18, 2010

my thoughts upon awakening were definitely of you. :-)

Yesterday was the most beautiful day I have had in a long time (story below). I couldn't stop thinking about him all day. Today, I emailed him a picture I took of the beautiful view we saw yesterday, and asked him about his dreams, referencing part of our conversations yesterday.

And he wrote me back, telling me about his day. It was a nice email, but the only part I can even really see is:

"And while I can't remember what my dream was about, my thoughts upon awakening were definitely of you. :-)"

I just keep reading that part over and over again. We have another date on Wednesday, but that feels like forever away and I can't stop thinking about him. I feel like I have always known him. I'm scared to let myself feel that way, but I will anyways. My heart has been broken so many times, it can handle one more. And I just keep waiting for the day that my heart does not get broken. I have to open my heart. It's still quite early to tell, but all signs are pointing to yes.

Here's the story from yesterday (copied from my BBC journal)

Today, I went on a "date" with this guy I met recently. We had dinner earlier last week, and I was really impressed with him. I felt immediately comfortable with him. Well, we'd been talking a lot recently, and I opened up to him about a lot of things, including that I lost a baby last October, and he has been nothing but kind and supportive. Well, in part of our discussions, I had mentioned that I see dragonflies as a symbol of my angel baby.

Today, we went out in the country to a sculpture ranch where you drive around and look at these really cool sculptures, and then a part where you get out and walk. We were the only people up on this big hill, and there is just this amazing view, you can see all around for miles and miles and miles across the Texas hill country. I felt so much peace in that moment. Then, we went to a nearby state park, where we hiked around a little bit and decided to go swimming in the river.

Well, as we were swimming, there were dragonflies everywhere. One flew right in front of my face and I said, "well, hello there", and then he said "that one likes you, it keeps landing on your hat". I took off my hat and it landed on my hand, he held out his hand and it landed on him. It would fly around a little bit, but then come right back and land on one of us. I literally had chills.

I don't know if he remembered or made the connection that dragonflies remind me of my baby, but I wish I had a camera to take a picture of his face at that moment, such sweet eyes and this brilliant smile. We floated down the river, played around, floated on our backs, slid down slippery rocks, etc. All the while, the dragonflies fly around us. It was a wonderful, perfect day.

I told my angel when she found the right guy for me, to give me a sign. And I'm having a hard time ignoring this one. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment